Parents are dumb! Plain-downright-stupid. They aren’t humans, and wait – here’s proof:
- They take your crap!They listen to your whining s and tantrums and your idiosyncrasies and they just keep on listening when what they should do, is snap their ears shut and let you blabber to yourself.
- They love you!No matter what an ugly, witless, dorky, nincompoop you are. Regardless of the no of pimples you have on your face, that big black mole on the silliest of places or teeth that give you a funny look when you smile, they think that you are bee-utiful!
- They try to protect you from the world!Even if it’s the world that ought to be protected from you. 😉 They stand by you like a sentinel and in front of you if needs be, giving people a scare with that “killer look”.
- They never lose hope in you!
Even when you, yourself feel like you wont be able to make it. They keep urging and pushing you, whispering words of encouragement in your ears and chanting invocations when you try to stand back up and walk again!
- They want to be a part of your silliest problems!
And not just that – they come up with solutions as well: from broken nails to broken hearts, from headaches to moods of dejection, from faked stomach aches to gut-wrenching, agonizing pains.
- They are uncompetitive!
They are the happiest people on earth if you become more successful in life. They stand back, looking at you, drinking in your “shining moment” like the most expensive wines. Sip by sip – savouring it, careful not to miss out the exquisite flavour – enjoying your glory as if it were their own. Not to forget the note of pride in their voice and traces of tears welling up in their eyes.
- Their’s, is the unconditional love!
Free of demands, wants, needs and repayments. They keep listening to you when you are being ungrateful, asking them “what they have done for you?” and try to fulfil all your needs, killing their own in the process. But somehow they forget to ask you “what you have done for them?” or they do that on purpose – don’t know which. Either way makes them all the more obtuse.
- They stick with you until the very END!From the time you were unable to retaliate when they forced you into a jumper till the time they are unable to retaliate when you force them into a room, shut them out of your life, telling them that you-know-it-all and you don’t want any interventions in your life as you want to live-it-your-own-way!
Now if that’s not proof enough then I am
Jim Carrey – no scratch that! I don’t want to be Jim Carrey in the worst of my nightmares even.
But yes – parents are no humans! They are aliens – creatures out of this world, probably Planet Mars or some place.
Until next time, toodles!