After the extreme popularity of Do’s and Don’t’s of A Medical Life: For Starters, I said to myself, why not come up with part 2 and continue the series…..So here’s another humble attempt of this humble soul.
- If you haven’t studied all year and plan to do so in the preparatory leave, then DO make sure that you’ve deactivated your FB account. [If you are a blogger, well-that is an exception, but FB certainly wont do 😉 ]
- DO make sure that you have a whole spare hour at hand before catching a glimpse of the telly. The chances of a good movie being aired are greater, now that you have to study! They showed Bourne Ultimatum, The A-team and Die hard 4, three days in a row O_0 !!!
- If you have just told your mother that you cannot do the dishes, water the plants or any other household chores, DO make sure that she doesn’t catch you texting or else your cellphone will be blamed for everything bad that has happened since the beginning of time and even in the near future!!!
- Mealtimes between studies are a bliss! A sweet escape. But DO remember its your own stomach you are feeding – NOT the Giant Squid. Or else you’ll have to spend the next two months burning all the extra calories.
- DON’T worry about the short attendance list. I think it’s just a ruse. 😉 A make-believe story to warn students:
“DON’T BUNK CLASSES, YOU PUNK!!! UNLESS YOU WANNA FLUNK!!!”
- DON’T search yourself for the symptoms of all the diseases. NO, you don’t have pruritus, it’s probably just the mosquitoes and NO, you don’t have leukemia either. And that distended belly is not ascites, it’s the extra weight you are putting on!
- DON’T curse your alarm clock for not waking you up early every morning! It’s not the poor clock’s fault if you shove it in the drawer of your night-stand or in your filthy stinking sock! And if your clock really doesn’t work, borrow my cuckoo! [ It has woken me up at 3.30, 4.00 and 4.30 by “honking” right next to my window in the past 2 weeks ]
- DON’T count your study hours! You’ll be more than disappointed to know that you’ve been sleeping for 10 hours and studying only for 8!
- And if its your preparatory leave, that doesn’t mean that you aren’t going to wash up and shave and end up looking like Chuck Noland!
DO take baths, unless you want your family to throw you out thinking that you are a bag of rotten tomatoes!
Preparatory leaves are the worst times of the year, no doubt. Its like knowing that you don’t have a vocation and still putting on a habit and living the life of a nun/priest ! 😉 The only difference is that you DON’T live among nuns, instead among a bunch of “sinful creatures” who party hard while you live a life of “piety” !!! 😀
Well, for now
Stay tuned for Do’s and Don’t’s Of A Medical Life: Exam Tips 🙂